GDPR SUMMARY 2018
THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
So what is The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? We have receoved so many questions over the past six months or so such as What is it? What does it mean? How does it affect our business?
We have compiled a GDPR summary for you to view but also we have created a short video which should help to explain what GDPR is and means. Please take a look here: GDPR Video
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 Summary.
Alternatively if you would like more in-depth information why not join one of our GDPR Training Courses listed to the left. They are £249 + VAT and are extremely comprehensive. To book your place click here: GDPR Courses
- It applies to ANY business, controller or processor that handles data belongin to an EU citizen.
- GDPR applies to any data identifying an individual INCLUDING employee data.
- Failure to adhere to GDPR can result in fines of up to 4% of global annual turnover.
- GDPR readiness contains a mixture of business processes, policies, security, data protection and accountability.
- GDPR is governed and regulated by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and it's supervisory authorities.
If you would like to know more, are starting this process in house or have it on your to-do list then attend one of our 1-day GDPR readiness courses. They run UK Wide, are extensive and we have received some outstanding feedback from our attendees. To book one of our courses click here: Upcoming courses